Friday, May 13, 2011

It's My (Revival) Friday..What does your Friday Mean?

Friday

What does Friday mean to you? For some it is the dreadful schedules of soccer practice, football game drills, grocery shopping, or for some their work week is just beginning. Is it the days that all run together cause there is so much to do? Is it the meaning of Sunday coming around and your tired from your weekend? Or is the feeling of Laughter, friends, Happy Hour, a cooler packed with limes, cold beer, and a lime or 2? I think I will take the latter option…I like a Margarita or 2 to start out my weekend.

I believe weekends are  much needed for the soul. Somewhat like a revival. A Revival of our spirit’s within to get us through another week of chores, responsibility, and work.  Weekends are the sounds of our favorite song on the radio, feet swaying back and forth to that song we remember dancing to when we were 4 years old. Weekends are for watching Longhorn Football and wearing that burnt orange shirt that you know brings our fall boys the best wishes of luck. It is for the Smokers and the Bar-b-que grills coming out of the garage with the old dusty cob webs and knowing that pretty soon it is going to have that aroma of Texas Bar-B-Que. These are the things I look forward to when my Friday comes around

Point is: your Friday may be my Monday or My Friday may be your Tuesday, Let’s remember that we all need to slow it down and get some good old time revival to be the best persons  that we are and rightly  
Should be…If I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment