Wednesday, May 25, 2011

True Friends Through Thick and Thin

So lately I am up against a wall and at crossroads. Between a rock and a hard place.

 As I grow up and I grow older and wiser (with no grey hair still) I have come to a place where I no longer want to chit chat on the phone. Or maybe not want to but don’t have the time too.  I prefer a text, a text that I can get back to you when I can. Well I received a text saying “we don’t talk like we use too”. "You don’t call me every day" (which i never call anyone everyday, nor do I want too). "We are just not what we use to be.”

I let this bother me for a little bit, and then after much thought and thinking…WHATEVER is what I have to say to this.  I have been friends with some of the people I know since grade school. Really are you serious? Are you kidding me?  Some of these people I talk to like once every 3 months if that, and there some of the strongest  friendships that I have. 

The meaning of friendship doesn’t mean that we talk on the phone every day (that would be called Middle School), or that we spend every weekend together. This is not friendship…This is called Co-dependent. I don’t need this at all in my life, nor do I want it. I have a 14 year old who needs guidance in his life. I don’t have time. 

Friendship needs no validation (means…I don’t need to talk to you every day, once a week, or even once a month for you to know your my friend) If you called and needed me, I would be there or vice versa.
It means even in a fight you would know that if you needed a ride to the emergency room in the middle of the night, you could call and I would rush over to give you a ride.
That is the kind of friendships I need and I want, and I have, So if you’re not that kind of friend to me…Keep it

To all of my true friends…I love you and wouldn’t trade you for  the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment